CANTON, Ohio — Police in Canton are investigating after a man was shot to death just north of downtown Thursday morning.
Officers found the victim unresponsive on the 300 block of 9th Street Northeast around 10 a.m., and they later found he had suffered an apparent gunshot wound. The Stark County Coroner's Office later arrived on scene and confirmed the man had died. His name has not yet been released.
At this time, authorities have not given details regarding any possible suspects. Anyone with information regarding this case is asked to immediately call the Canton Police Department's detective bureau at (330) 438-4413 or by sending an anonymous tip to Start County Crime Stoppers or Tip411.
More crime-related headlines:
- US to ramp up tracking of domestic extremism on social media
- 3News launches new true crime podcast: Bomb City, U.S.A.
- Trooper's vehicle struck as fleeing cars crash on I-480 in North Olmsted
- Erie County Sheriff increases patrols due to spike in calls for trouble at Kalahari Resorts Sandusky
- Suspect arrested, 2 others still at large in connection with Maple Heights double homicide
- Prosecutor: 4 indicted for 'ongoing sexual abuse' in Athens County
- All 7 defendants in Stone Foltz BGSU hazing death plead not guilty to all charges
- US Marshals offering $5,000 reward for information leading to arrest of suspect who escaped from custody
- Stark County officials investigating shooting in Canton after 2 men found shot in a home Wednesday afternoon