LORAIN, Ohio — A 39-year-old man is dead following a shooting on Lorain's west side Sunday evening.
Police say they found the victim's body lying in the road on the 6100 block of West Meadow Farm Lane around 8:37 p.m. At the scene inside the suburban neighborhood, authorities claim another man confessed to the shooting and was subsequently arrested.
The suspect has been identified as 35-year-old Steve Coleff, of Lorain. He is currently being held at the Lorain County Jail on murder charges, and officials say they have recovered the gun they believe he used in the crime.
The victim's name is not being released at this time as police attempt to contact his family. Anyone with further information on this case is asked to immediately call Lorain Det. Jeremy Gray at (440) 204-2105.
- Police: Possible drunk-driver crashes into woman and 1-year-old baby after running through stop sign in Cleveland
- Man shot to death at party center on Cleveland's east side; 'road rage' may have been factor
- Youngstown police: 1 dead, multiple injured at nightclub early Saturday
- Parma Police seek help identifying person of interest in April Fool's Day shooting
- 'I know he’s in a better place': Mom shares emotional tribute days after missing son found dead in Lake Erie
- Two 2 men indicted in My Friends restaurant shooting that 2 people dead
- Police investigating multiple armed robberies that took place near Shaker Heights churches