CLEVELAND — A 28-year-old man is dead following an incident on Cleveland's east side early Saturday morning.
Police found the victim, identified as Tavarus Ellis, lying in the Kinsman Party Center parking lot around 3:30 a.m. He was shot in the face, and died at the scene from his injuries.
Witnesses told officers Ellis may have driven his car into the suspect's vehicle, and after an argument the suspect fired multiple gunshots and struck Ellis. An unknown man was later seen fleeing the area.
No arrests have been made at this time, and detectives are continuing to investigate. Anyone with information is asked to immediately call the Cleveland Division of Police at (216) 623-5464, and anonymous tips can also be given to Crimestoppers at (216) 252-7463.
- Youngstown police: 1 dead, multiple injured at nightclub early Saturday
- Ohio's members of Congress react to vehicular attack on U.S. Capitol police officers
- Parma Police seek help identifying person of interest in April Fool's Day shooting
- 'Bright, beautiful young lady': Akron school mourns 8-year-old student who died in house fire, GoFundMe campaign to help pay funeral expenses
- 2 men indicted in My Friends restaurant shooting that left 2 people dead
- Great-grandson of Cleveland Mayor Frank Jackson charged for 2020 break-in at Valley View gun store
- Police investigating 'racist act of vandalism' at Kent State University
- Police investigating multiple armed robberies that took place near Shaker Heights churches