AKRON, Ohio — A Barberton teen is dead following a shooting on Akron's south side late Monday night.
Police say the incident occurred around 10 p.m. on the 200 block of Lake Street in the Summit Lake neighborhood. Officers found the victim lying on the sidewalk with an apparent gunshot wound, and he died from his injuries at the scene roughly 20 minutes later.
The Summit County Medical Examiner has identified the victim as as Kelvin Perkins-Davis, a 18 year old from Barberton. The cause of death was a gunshot wound to the neck, while the manner of death was ruled as a homicide.
Additionally, authorities have not named any suspects at this time.
Anyone with information regarding this case is asked to immediately call the Akron Police Department at (330)-375-2552.
More crime-related headlines:
- Leading The Land: Cleveland's mayoral candidates tackle crime and safety
- Ex-death row inmate Joseph D’Ambrosio to get $1M from state of Ohio for wrongful imprisonment
- Occupants shoot intruder multiple times at residence in south Toledo; death ruled homicide
- Ohio man who fled out west sentenced for rape of 4-year-old
- U.S. Marshals seek help locating three missing teens from Akron
- New trial begins for Stanley Ford: Akron man accused of killing 9 in house fires
- MetroHealth, Cuyahoga County Common Pleas Court work to address trauma in gun-related crimes
- 7 Northeast Ohioans indicted for fraudulently obtaining pandemic unemployment insurance benefits
- Ohio State increasing security, adding cameras in effort to combat recent rise in crime near campus
- Ashtabula County Dog Warden investigating after pup shot 5 times in Geneva
- 13-year-old Cleveland boy arrested with loaded gun after leading Solon police on chase in stolen vehicle