NORTH OLMSTED, Ohio — The North Olmsted Police Department is investigating a shooting that happened at a home Sunday on Mastick Road.
Authorities say it was around 10:52 p.m. when a 21-year-old woman forced her way into a residence and fought with the 72-year-old homeowner.
Moments later, authorities say the 69-year-old spouse shot a weapon at the suspect, striking her in the right abdomen / chest area.
The 21-year-old female was taken to Fairview Hospital where she later died.
Authorities say the homeowners do not know the suspect.
No names have been released as the North Olmsted Police Department continues its investigation.
No additional details were immediately available, but stay with 3News as we will update this story once more information is released.
- 12-year-old boy in critical condition after Cleveland shooting
- Shooting leaves University of Akron student dead, 2 men injured; suspect at-large
- Man dies from gunshot wound at bus shelter in Cleveland's Ohio City neighborhood
- Cleveland police: Man fatally shot on city's east side while helping driver push overheated car
- Cuyahoga County corrections officer identified as victim in Thursday afternoon murder-suicide in Cleveland
- Cleveland Police arrest 9 teens after large fight at John F. Kennedy High School
- Man killed in Canton shooting early Friday morning
- Frank Q. Jackson, grandson of Cleveland Mayor Frank G. Jackson, shot and killed
Editor's note: Video in the player above was originally published in an unrelated story on Sept. 20, 2021.