Suspect Kyle Johnson is now being held on a $500,000 bond at the Erie County Jail. Johnson, 25, of Cleveland faces more than 10 charges of kidnapping,/abduction, felonious assault and arson.

Johnson was caught after breaking into a home about 11 a.m. in the 300 block of Crescent Drive in Erie, Pa. Tuesday morning.

Oakwood Village Police Chief Mark A. Garratt says his detectives will be filing charges -- all felonies -- that will be taken straight to the Cuyahoga County courts.

The criminal complaint filed against Johnson alleges that he struck the female homeowner of the Crescent Drive home with a crowbar six times, then stabbed her with a box cutter.

The husband and wife were both admitted to UPMC Hamot hospital. Police say the wife remains there in critical condition.

Police say Brandi Shakir, 23, of Oakwood, whom Johnson, her ex-boyfriend, allegedly abducted Monday, was reportedly OK but still in the hospital Wednesday afternoon listed in stable condition.

Brandi Shakir and Kyle Johnson
Brandi Shakir and Kyle Johnson

Her family is with her and are making arrangements to get her to a hospital in Cleveland, according to Garratt.

Johnson's black 1999 Acura, the vehicle that was seen speeding away from the Oakwood home, was found at the home on Crescent Drive.

The FBI, U.S. Marshals and the Erie Police handled the situation in Erie.

Garratt also gave credit to the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Identification, CECOMS, Ohio turnpike toll booth workers and all the media that kept the information about Shakir and Johnson out in front of the public.

At about 11 a.m., Erie Police told Oakwood Police that Johnson had broken into the home in the 300 block of Crescent Drive. He had put Shakir in the basement of the home and was scuffling with one of the two home's owners, according to Erie Police.

Erie Police say two Good Samaritans came over and tried to help subdue Johnson. In the end, one of them shot Johnson.

Johnson was shot in the shoulder and leg. Johnson was caught after running down a ravine towards the Erie Yacht Club on the nearby Ohio River

RELATED | Search continues for missing Oakwood woman

Shakir was staying at her mother's home in Oakwood Village. She was home alone Monday when a neighbor reported a fire at the home.

"She came here because she was afraid for her life," said Kim Barnett, Shakir's cousin. She said she was afraid of Johnson.

Just before 11 a.m. Monday, Johnson was seen driving away from the home on Lynbrook Drive in a 1999 black Acura.

Last week, Johnson assaulted Shakir in Richmond Heights. According to a police report, officers were dispatched to the 26700 block of Whiteway in Richmond Heights for a report of a woman screaming in the parking lot.

When officers arrived, they found Shakir badly beaten in the street. She was bleeding from her face and hand severe swelling around both eyes and her forehead.

Shakir told officers Johnson had assaulted her and fled the area. She cwent to her mother's Oakwood home to recover from the beating.

Long before last week's assault, Shakir filed a restraining order against Johnson. Her family wants to know why Johnson wasn't arrested after last week's assault.