PARMA, Ohio — A man in Parma has been arrested after the body of a missing man was found wrapped in plastic in his basement last week.
According to the Parma Police Department, 40-year-old Paul Addicott II has been arrested and charged with the murder of Ryan Krebs. The body of Krebs, who had been reported missing in Parma on August 25, 2022, was discovered in the basement of Addicott's house in the 5200 block of W. 26th St. last Wednesday.
According to Parma Police, officers were initially called out to the house for a domestic violence complaint, which led to a male being arrested and the female victim being transported to UH Parma. A family member proceeded to go to the house to remove guns that were inside of the house for safekeeping purposes and discovered a deceased person, wrapped in plastic, in the basement of the home.
The family member called police immediately and officers responded and confirmed that it was a human body that had been found. The Cuyahoga County Medical Examiner’s Office later responded and claimed the body, confirming the victim's identity to be Ryan Alan Krebs. Krebs had been shot multiple times.
A $1,000,000 cash/surety bond has been set for Addicott. No additional details will be released at this time, as the case remains under investigation.
More crime coverage from WKYC:
- $500,000 bond set for man arrested in alleged hit-and-run that killed Cleveland firefighter Johnny Tetrick
- Veteran Cleveland firefighter dies following hit-and-run on I-90; suspect arrested
- University of Idaho murders: Here's what we know
- Stoney Thompson released from prison after 16 years, defense attorney says could've been much sooner
- 'Horrific' shooting at Colorado LGBTQ nightclub kills 5, injures 18: Police
- Biden reacts to Colorado Springs shooting: 'We cannot and must not tolerate hate'