CLEVELAND — EDITOR'S NOTE: Officials previously told 3News the victim's age was 18, but have since confirmed he was 16.
The Cleveland Division of Police is investigating a fatal shooting that took place Wednesday afternoon near Glenville High School on the city's east side.
According to police officials, a 16-year-old boy was fatally shot in the 600 block of East 113th Street near St. Clair Avenue. The site of the shooting is also near Glenville High School.
Upon arriving at the scene, officials found the victim in a field, where he was pronounced dead at around 4 p.m.
The victim has since been identified as Devonte Johnson.
A possible second victim of the shooting was transported to an area hospital via private auto.
No arrests have been made at this time.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact homicide investigators at 216-623-5464.
Anonymous tips can be provided by calling Crimestoppers at 216-25-CRIME, a cash reward of up to $5k may be available.
This is a developing story. Stay with 3News for more details as they become available.
- Woman shot in face in Eastlake; suspect in custody
- Man shot near Portage County Fairgrounds, suspect arrested
- 38-year-old Euclid man found dead in Cleveland parking lot
- 41-year-old man arrested in 'Operation Stonegarden' by Lake County Sheriff's Office
- Male found dead at Cleveland substation in power lines
- Lake County K-9 helps make five drug arrests in first three days on the job
- 'We still have a lot more work to do': Cleveland officials discuss progress, challenges displayed in police mid-year report
- Akron man sentenced to life in prison for rape and kidnapping
- Couple accused of having sex while riding Ferris wheel at Cedar Point