CLEVELAND — Editor's Note: The above video is from a previously published story
The Cleveland Divsion of Police is investigating a homicide that took place Saturday morning on the city's east side.
According to reports, officers were called to the scene in the 2900 block of East 128th Street for a report that a man was shot. Once they arrived, police found the victim lying down on the sidewalk with gunshot wounds to the head and body. After officers tried lifesaving measures, the victim was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police say that the victim had been panhandling in the area of E. 130th and Buckeye and had been seen leaving the area with an unknown man. At this point, it is not clear if the man seen with the victim was responsible for the shooting.
Witnesses also report that a man was seen running from the area of the shooting through yards.
No arrests have been made. Detectives with the Cleveland Division of Police continue to investigate.
This is a developing story. Stay with 3News for more details as they become available.
- Bedford high school student dies after allegedly being shot by classmate
- Federal judge rules Columbus police cannot use pepper spray, tear gas on nonviolent protesters
- 4 children, 8 total injured in accident involving EMS vehicle on Cleveland's east side
- 14-year-old girl facing charges after bringing gun to school in Lorain County
- 8 young men face charges including felony manslaughter, reckless homicide in hazing death of Stone Foltz
Editor's Note: The below video is from a previously published story