SHEFFIELD VILLAGE, Ohio — A 72-year-old man has been charged with attempted murder after his wife was shot in Sheffield Village overnight.
When officers responded to the scene at a home on Preserve Lane shortly before 1 a.m. Monday, they were met at the door by Ronald Diamond who said his 73-year-old wife, Deborah, had been shot.
After finding her in the master bedroom, officers proceeded with lifesaving efforts until the Sheffield Village Fire Department arrived at the scene.
Police say Ronald was taken into custody and transported to the Sheffield Village Police Department for questioning. He was charged with attempted murder and is currently being held in the Lorain County Jail.
Police say Deborah's condition is unknown at this time.
Authorities said the release of details remains limited due to the ongoing investigation. No additional information was immediately available.
- 2 suspects arrested for shooting of 6-year-old boy on California freeway
- Police and families plead for info in Miami mass shooting
- Tribute held to remember 2-year anniversary of Rocky River Reservation murders
- Garfield Heights police officers involved in 2 accidents in Cleveland, Accident Investigation Unit called to the scenes
- Suspect charged in murder of Cleveland Police Detective James Skernivitz pleads not guilty after new indictment issued
- 7 hurt in Cleveland shooting, several with serious injuries
Editor's note: Video in the player above was originally posted in an unrelated story on June 7, 2021.