WESTLAKE, Ohio — Westlake police have released more information regarding three dead bodies found inside a home Monday afternoon, confirming two people were shot to death before the alleged gunman died by suicide.
The victims have been identified as 35-year-old Yi Chai and 31-year-old Nathan Demetra, while the deceased suspect is 45-year-old Brent Shira. Chai and Demetra were reportedly engaged to be married, and all were found inside Chai's home on Willow Run.
Chai's ex-husband went to the house to check on Chai Monday morning after her employer called him saying she didn't show up for work. Moments later, he dialed 911 in and told operators he found a man lying dead on the first floor, which turned out to be Demetra.
Officers responded to the scene and found Demetra's body in the kitchen and Chai's in the upstairs bedroom. Shira was later found in the basement, dead from an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound.
Authorities have not yet indicated how Shira may have known the victims. Police later searched his home more than 70 miles away in Jefferson.
Officials do not believe there are any more suspects in this case.
- Body pulled from Cuyahoga River in Cleveland's Flats
- 14-year-old boy fatally shot in Maple Heights; two teens in custody
- Cleveland police: 19-year-old shot in the back on Goodman Avenue
- Ohio State Highway Patrol investigating fatal two-car crash in Stark County
- 3News Investigates: Exclusive audio reveals suspect admitting sexual encounter with Barbara Blatnik on night of her murder