CLEVELAND — Cleveland police believe a 56-year-old woman was shot to death by her own daughter some time Friday morning.
Family members told authorities they found Lashaun Thompson dead from "multiple" gunshot wounds in the kitchen of her home on the 19600 block of Arrowhead Avenue, part of the North Collinwood neighborhood. A short time later, detectives arrested her 27-year-old daughter on murder charges. The suspect's name has not been released and further details regarding the alleged crime were not made available.
The incident was one of six shootings that took place in Cleveland over a 24-hour period, including another fatal confrontation that saw a man killed following an apparent argument outside a café on Clark Avenue. In addition, an 11-year-old boy is in the hospital with "serious" injuries after being shot inside his New York Avenue home late last night.
The matter remains under investigation.
- Cleveland police detective charged with domestic violence in Parma
- 27-year-old Cleveland man indicted on several counts of kidnapping and sexual assault
- 'I assume you are a dangerous person': Suspect in Perry Nuclear Power Plant incident arraigned in Painesville Municipal Court
- 30-year-old man fatally shot inside of apartment; Cleveland police searching for suspect
- Body of 17-year-old girl found in field on Cleveland's east side
- Special assistant to Cleveland Mayor Frank Jackson pleads not guilty to rape charges
- Parma dad accused of murdering 5-year-old son pleads not guilty