CLEVELAND — First-graders at WKYC Studios’ adopted school, Harvey Rice Wraparound in Cleveland, recently got to run around and sing along to their hearts' content while enjoying the Immersive Disney Animation Cleveland exhibit.
This was their reward for being the class that read the most books during the school’s reading challenge. During April, these first graders read 73 books!
The Immersive Disney Animation experience has come aboard as a sponsor of the Cleveland Reads initiative and it provided free admission to these well-read kids. Harvey Rice first-graders also received free books to take home, including lots of Disney titles, from the Literacy in the H.O.O.D. nonprofit.
Throughout the 2022-2023 school year, as part of our Education Station initiative, WKYC Studios has partnered with Harvey Rice Wraparound School to offer special activities and enriching experiences to the students.
More Education Station from WKYC:
- Education Station: WKYC helps adopted school Harvey Rice Wraparound celebrate reading though month-long competition
- Education Station: Cleveland students finding whole new ways of learning using virtual reality
- How the National Teachers College is helping find new educators in Northeast Ohio
- Education Station: Wednesday Wellness for the Win at Archbishop Hoban in Akron
- Planet CLE: Going green earns Shaker Heights school national honor
- Education Station: Sandusky High School students show appreciation for overworked bus drivers
- 'Mentor Mondays': The collaboration between WKYC Studios, Say Yes Cleveland, and College Now Greater Cleveland
- Dealing with teacher shortages after COVID-19: Education Station
- Mentor Monday: Mentoring leads to friendship that lasts beyond college
- Zaynab Shaheed, a sophomore at CASE Western Reserve University, has set big goals for herself.
- 3News staffers donate their favorite children’s books to celebrate Read Across America Day
- Education Station: Orange City Schools begins virtual global classroom connection with Ukrainian school during Russia-Ukraine war
- Teachers wanted: What Ohio is doing after thousands of educators left the classroom
- Education Station: Checking in on Cleveland's Harvey Rice Wraparound School