A survey has uncovered some disgusting swimming pool habits that might make you think twice about diving in, WNCN reports.
According to the 2019 Healthy Pools survey, 51 percent of Americans admit to treating the pool as a "communal bathtub," substituting it for a shower as a way to rinse off after sweaty exercise or yard work.
This is despite 64 percent knowing chlorine and pool chemicals doesn't eliminate the need to shower before jumping into the water.
And when it comes to peeing in the pool, 40 percent of adults -- yes, adults -- admitted to doing it.
Urine actually cuts down on the amount of chlorine in the pool.
- 24 percent admitted to swimming an hour after having diarrhea
- 48 percent said they don't shower before swimming
- 54 percent didn't know makeup and deodorant affect pool chemistry
The survey was conducted by Sachs Media Group.
What other people are reading right now:
- Woman gets 15 years for posing as sheriff, releasing boyfriend from jail
- Russian hackers accessed 2 Florida voting databases, DeSantis says
- 'Carol Burnett Show' star Tim Conway dead at 85
- E.coli outbreak linked to ground beef: 196 sickened in 10 states
- Video shows healthcare staff punching, beating man with disabilities with belt
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.