Throughout Northeast Ohio and surrounding areas, the Cleveland Clinic is revered as an elite provider of health care.
While hometown appreciation is great, national recognition is always a plus.
The Cleveland Clinic has now been recognized as the second best overall hospital in the world by Newsweek.
Every year, in an effort to help their readers "make sense of the changes sweeping the industry," the magazine releases their list of the world's best ranking hospitals.
Coming in at #2 in 2019 is Northeast Ohio's own Cleveland Clinic.
In the article, the Cleveland Clinic is recognized as one of the world's largest providers serving more that 7.6 million patients. It also credits the hospital as the site of the world's first total facial transplant.
Take a look at the Top Ten Hospitals across the Nation ranked by Newsweek below:
1. The Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota
2. The Cleveland Clinic in Cleveland, Ohio
3. Singapore General Hospital in Singapore
4. John Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore
5. Charite in Berlin
6. Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston,Massachusetts
7. Toronto General Hospital in Toronto
8.University of Tokyo Hospital in Japan
9. Lausanne University Hospital in Switzerland
10.Sheba Medical Center at Tel HaShomer in Tel Aviv