CLEVELAND — It's a beautiful spring day on Thursday in Northeast Ohio. Temperatures are in the low 60s, making it a perfect time to break out of the COVID-19 cabin fever you might be experiencing and head outdoors.
And where better to go in our area than the Cleveland Metroparks?
Cleveland Metroparks' 18 reservations are open and have been very busy, according to park officials.
Cleveland Metroparks golf courses are operating on a limited schedule from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily, weather permitting. (Little Met and Mastick Woods Golf Courses are closed until further notice.)
As you are making your plans to be outside, Metroparks officials want to ensure that guests are following safe practices when visiting. Here are some key guidelines:
- Think first: do not use the parks or trails if you are exhibiting symptoms.
- Follow best hygiene practices recommended by the CDC including washing hands frequently.
- Practice social distancing: provide other park users with proper space of at least six feet at all times during your visit.
- Prepare for your trip: be prepared for limited access to public restrooms and water fountains that may be closed for your safety.
- Share the trail: share the trail and warn others as you pass.
- Avoid playgrounds: all playgrounds and outdoor fitness stations are closed for safety.
- “Pack in, pack out”: bring a suitable trash bag for any disposable items you may have. Leaving no trash behind helps protect employees.
Cleveland Metroparks CEO Brian Zimmerman has more on how you can best utilize safe practices in the below video.
The following Cleveland Metroparks facilities are closed until further notice:
- Cleveland Metroparks Zoo.
- All Nature Centers & Nature Shops: Brecksville Nature Center, Canalway Center, North Chagrin Nature Center, Rocky River Nature Center, Watershed Stewardship Center and Hinckley Lake Boathouse & Store.
- Merwin’s Wharf.
In the meantime, Big Met Grille will be offering call ahead and curbside pick-up Fish Frys March 27, April 3 and April 10 from 4 - 8 p.m. while supplies last. Call 440-331-1070 for details.
Also, Cleveland Metroparks and Cleveland Metroparks Zoo Virtual Classroom airs three time each weekday on Facebook Live. Visit clevelandmetroparks.com/virtualclassroom for more information.
Click here for our special coronavirus section.