CUYAHOGA COUNTY, Ohio — Some people will be rolling up their sleeve to get a COVID-19 vaccination today during a special drive-through option at the Cuyahoga County Fairgrounds.
Officials say the vaccines will initially be given exclusively to those meeting very specific criteria, so those interested are asked to call the Cuyahoga County Board of Health to see if you’re eligible at 216-201-2000.
Currently, the drive-through option focuses on people within group 1A of Ohio’s vaccination plan, which includes the following:
- Healthcare workers and personnel who are routinely involved in the care of COVID-19 patients.
- Residents and staff in nursing homes.
- Residents and staff in assisted living facilities.
- Patients and staff at state psychiatric hospitals.
- People with developmental disabilities and those with mental health disorders, including substance use disorders, who live in group homes, residential facilities, or centers, and staff at those locations.
- Residents and staff at our two state-run homes for Ohio veterans.
- EMS responders.
SUBSCRIBE: Get the day's top headlines sent to your inbox each weekday morning with the free 3News to GO! newsletter
Ohio will begin vaccinating some in group 1B with a phased rollout starting next week with those 80 and older permitted to receive their first shot. Read more about that plan HERE.
Want to be notified when vaccination clinics become available to you? The Cuyahoga County Board of Health also has a sign-up form HERE.