The Mayfield City Schools District is among those facing the biggest impact as more than 260 students and staff were placed on quarantine this week. After one positive COVID-19 case was confirmed Oct. 4, Mayfield school officials listed the following quarantine numbers:
- 145 students at Mayfield High School
- Two students at the middle school
- One student at CEVEC
- Five staff members
Two days later, a positive COVID-19 case was confirmed Oct. 6 at the middle school, resulting in the quarantine of 96 students and 11 staff members of that building.
Other schools are facing similar situations with students / staff quarantined. These include:
- Willoughby-Eastlake: All school buildings closed until further notice after positive COVID-19 cases. Read more HERE.
- Bay Village Schools: A positive COVID-19 case was confirmed at one unspecified building in a letter that was distributed to parents and staff back on Oct. 5. "The person diagnosed is being kept home from school until they are no longer infectious," school officials said. Close contacts are being instructed to quarantine and stay home from school for 14 days after the potential exposure took place.
- Lake Catholic High School: Close contacts quarantined (number not disclosed) after COVID-19 impacts one person associated with the football team. Read more HERE.
- Two students tested positive within the Parma City School District. Read more HERE.
- Kent State University: 110 residents at Fletcher Hall have been told to quarantine. Read more about that situation HERE. Meanwhile, 57 other people living in two residence halls quarantined until Oct. 16 due to possible COVID-19 exposure. Read more HERE.
- RELATED: Eastlake Middle School to temporarily close after another student contracts COVID-19
- RELATED: 57 Kent State students told to quarantine after possible COVID-19 exposure
- RELATED: Kent State University expands free COVID-19 testing as dozens of students quarantine
- RELATED: Miracle Recovery: 85-year-old Mayfield Heights man survives 3-month battle with COVID-19
- RELATED: Coronavirus in Ohio: Up-to-date case numbers & trends as of Oct. 7