PARMA, Ohio — The Parma City School District is reporting that two staff members have tested positive for COVID-19.
One of the staff members works in the district's transportation department and the other works at Shiloh Middle School.
In addition, 10 of the district's staff members and 21 students are currently in quarantine.
According to the district's COVID-19 data dashboard, here is how the cases and quarantines break down by school/department:
- Valley Forge High School: 11 student quarantines, 1 staff quarantine
- Normandy High School: 2 staff quarantines
- Parma Senior High School: 2 staff quarantines
- Shiloh Middle School: 1 staff case, 1 staff quarantine, 1 student quarantine
- Hillside Middle School: 1 staff quarantine, 1 student quarantine
- Greenbriar Middle School: 2 student quarantines
- Pleasant Valley Elementary: 1 staff quarantine
- Parma Park Elementary: 7 student quarantines
- Dentzler Elementary: 1 student quarantine
- Transportation: 1 staff case
- Central Office: 2 staff quarantines
Last week, the Cuyahoga Board of Health classified two students within the Parma City School District as positive for the Coronavirus.
The two children, who had not been tested, were exposed to positive cases and were experiencing symptoms, according to an alert sent out to parents and staff.
"We continue to communicate with the Cuyahoga County Board of Health regarding these students. We are working with the CCBH to conduct contact tracing at this time and they will call the families of any students that need to quarantine," a statement from the district read.
One of the students is a third grader at Parma Park Elementary School and the other is a ninth grader at Valley Forge High School. Both students have not been in attendance at either learning facility since Friday.