CLEVELAND — As The Lion King roars back to Cleveland, Playhouse Square officials have released guidance regarding their health and safety protocols so guests know what to expect before arriving at the theater.
The following rules are in effect for all shows at Playhouse Square as outlined by theater officials:
Masks are required in all areas of Playhouse Square. Everyone in the theater must wear acceptable face coverings at all times, including during the show, except while eating or drinking in designated locations. All face coverings must cover the nose and mouth and comply with CDC guidelines for acceptable face coverings.
All audience members must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. “Fully vaccinated” means that 14 days have passed since either the second shot of a CDC or WHO-approved two-shot vaccine or since the administration of a CDC or WHO-approved one-shot vaccine.
Not vaccinated? Proof of a negative test
Those audience members who cannot be vaccinated will be required to provide proof of a negative test result from a lab-certified antigen COVID-19 test taken within 24 hours prior to entering the theater or a negative test result from a PCR COVID-19 test taken within 72 hours prior to entering the theater. The BinaxNOW COVID-19 Home Test (the version requiring a virtual appointment) is an acceptable option.
“Ticket holders must show proof of vaccination or negative test at their time of entry into the theater with their valid ticket,” Playhouse Square officials said in a press release. “Ticket holders may present proof of vaccination or a negative test on paper or a smartphone.
Other policies you need to know
- All guests 18 years or older must also present a valid ID. Guests under 18 may also use a school photo ID. Guests under 12 must be accompanied by an adult who meets all of the above requirements.
- Children age 2 and under are not permitted in Playhouse Square venues at any time.
- Ticket holders who have been exposed to COVID-19 and/or are experiencing symptoms are asked to remain at home and contact Playhouse Square to discuss flexible options for their tickets.
The Lion King’s return to Cleveland was announced back in May. The show’s run at the KeyBank State Theatre will go Oct. 1-15.
- 'The Lion King' returns to Cleveland's Playhouse Square this October
- Cleveland Orchestra announces proof of vaccination or negative COVID-19 test will be required at Severance Hall concerts
- Giant Eagle requiring COVID vaccination appointments again: Here's why
- Alice Cooper exhibit now open at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame