Officials in Summit County held a press briefing on Thursday to address the county's response to the ongoing coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
RELATED: More coronavirus coverage from WKYC
Those who spoke were:
- Dr. Clifford Deveny, President/CEO, Summa Health System
- Dr. Brian Harte, MD. CEO, Cleveland Clinic/Akron General
- Dr. Robert McGregor, MD, CMO/Incident Commander, Akron Children’s Hospital
- Daniel Horrigan, Mayor City of Akron
- Ilene Shapiro, Summit County Executive
- Dr. Erika Sobolewski, Medical Director, SCPH
- Marco Sommerville, SCPH Board Member
Thursday's press briefing comes as coronavirus numbers and trends across Ohio continue to surge. On Wednesday, Ohio reported 2,607 new coronavirus cases, 173 new hospitalizations, 19 new ICU admissions and 17 new deaths.
Later on Thursday, Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine will unveil the state's latest coronavirus public health advisory map. For the first time since the map was implemented in July, Ohio could see counties reach Level 4 "Purple," which is indicative of severe exposure of spread of the coronavirus.
Summit County is currently at Level 3 "red," but is not on the "watch list" for Level 4. More than 200 county residents have died from the virus since the pandemic began.
Re-watch the briefing in the player below: