AKRON, Ohio — Summit County Public Health (SCPH) will hold a special COVID-19 home test kit distribution event on Saturday, January 8. The event comes after SCPH received a shipment of 3,400 free home test kits recently.
The drive-thru event will take place at Summit County Public Health on 1867 West Market Street in Akron from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m., or until supplies have been exhausted.
Test kits will be limited to one test per person present in the vehicle. Tests are approved for use on individuals age 4 and over. Masks are required in order to receive a test kit.
In order to help control possible traffic issues during the event, Summit County Public Health asks that you please not arrive before 9:45 a.m. Also, please enter off of West Market Street and not the back parking lot entrance off of Shatto.
- What's the best way to tell if it's a cold, the flu or COVID?
- FDA warns against incorrect use of at-home COVID-19 test requiring nasal swab
- Yes, you can test positive for COVID-19 on PCR tests for up to 12 weeks after infection
- COVID surge: Positivity rate hits 54% at Summit County drive-thru testing site
- Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine shares optimistic COVID outlook in interview with 3News' Maureen Kyle as cases and hospitalizations surge