Flu remains a concern across the U.S., and illnesses in Cuyahoga County remain fatal to some.
The county recorded five flu-related deaths this week, with all victims being over the age of 60. This week's deaths mark 14 total within the county this season.
The victims were:
- 88-year-old Bay Village woman
- 94-year-old Chagrin Falls woman
- 83-year-old East Cleveland woman
- 62-year-old Seven Hills man
- 60-year-old Shaker Heights man
Flu activity remains "very high" this week and the Cuyahoga County Board of Health is reminding people to wash their hands and get a flu shot, as it's never too late.