CLEVELAND — Editor's Note: The above video is from a previously published story
May is Skin Cancer Awareness Month and for those of us living in Northeast Ohio, getting a splash of sunshine is a welcome respite from our miserable winters.
According to the American Cancer Society, more than 4,600 Ohioans will develop Melanoma this year. That is the deadliest form of skin cancer. It is the 6th most common cancer in women and 5th in men.
But there are other forms of skin cancer too and better ways to detect and remove them.
This episode of "Health Yeah! With Monica Robins" features dermatologist and skin cancer expert Dr. Jorge Garcia-Zuazaga of Apex Skin Care.
Watch Health Yeah! With Monica Robins below:
More Episodes of Health Yeah! With Monica Robins:
- What you need to know about medical malpractice and being your own health advocate: "Health Yeah! With Monica Robins"
- "Mr. Humble and Dr. Butcher": A conversation, on "Health Yeah!" with Monica Robins
- Is COVID-19 vaccine safe for pregnant women? Check out the 'Health yeah! with Monica Robins' podcast
- The vitamin and supplement guide you didn’t know you really needed on the 'Health Yeah! With Monica Robins' podcast
- COVID-19, breakthroughs and the state of medicine in Northeast Ohio: Three big names in health care on the "Health Yeah! With Monica Robins" podcast
- Colon cancer's deadly trend on "Health Yeah! With Monica Robins"
- The COVID-fighting medicine cabinet: What works and what doesn’t on “Health Yeah! With Monica Robins”