AKRON, Ohio — A 20-year-old woman is dead and a 22-year-old man injured following a shooting in Akron's Chapel Hill neighborhood early Sunday morning.
The incident occurred just after midnight on the 1200 block of Independence Avenue, near the Regal Independence movie theater. According to police, the man got into an argument with someone before exiting an unspecified establishment. Once he and the woman both got outside into the parking lot, at least one suspect fired multiple gunshots, hitting both victims before fleeing the scene.
The woman later died from her injuries at Summa Akron City Hospital. She has since been identified as Atavia Robinson of Akron, according to the Summit County Medical Examiner's Office.
The man was transported to Cleveland Clinic Akron General Medical Center and is currently in stable condition.
No suspects have been identified as authorities continue their investigation. A GoFundMe has been set up by Robinson's family in an attempt to raise reward money for "anyone who comes forward with information which leads to the arrest of the person or persons involved in the cold blooded murder."
- Man fatally shot at Roadway Inn in Jackson Township; suspect in custody
- Apartment fire in Toledo displaces 70 people, injures 3
- Arrest made after worker killed, another injured over 'too much mayo' at Atlanta Subway
- Woman accusing Cleveland Browns QB Deshaun Watson of sexual misconduct sues Houston Texans
- Akron police shoot, kill suspect amid overnight chase: 'Actions by the suspect caused the officers to perceive he posed a deadly threat'