AKRON, Ohio — Akron police were called to the 800 block of Merton Avenue Friday night to investigate a shooting.
When they arrived, they found a 47-year-old man with a gunshot wound to his arm.
The victim told police that he was sitting on his porch and three people that he didn't know walked by. At some point, words were exchanged and one of the three fired multiple shots, striking the victim.
The suspect ran and the victim was taken to Summa Health Akron City Hospital where he was treated for a non-life-threatening injury.
Akron police provided an update Tuesday morning to announce that one of the suspects -- identified as a 17-year-old boy -- was taken into custody around 10 p.m. Monday after officers "found him at a residence in the 700 block of Kipling Street."
Police say the teen admitted to his role in the incident. He has now been charged with felonious assault and carry concealed weapon.
Investigators say they are working to identify the two remaining suspects.
Akron police detectives are working to identify the men involved in the shooting and are asking the community for help. Anyone with information is asked to call Akron police at 330-375-2490.
More crime coverage from WKYC:
- New Mexico police found an alligator, drugs and money. But they're missing a tiger.
- Cleveland Police: 2 teenagers shot on Broadway Avenue
- Illinois man pleads guilty to felonies in 2021 Capitol riot
- Timeline of the recent controversies involving the East Cleveland Police Department
- 14-year-old in stable condition after being shot in Cleveland Heights; 12-year-old arrested
- Slain Las Vegas reporter spent career chasing corruption
- 3 Kent schools evacuated after man threatens to bring AK-47 rifle to Walls Elementary
- 'Surrounded by her family' | Richmond PD chief says Ofc. Seara Burton being moved to hospice
- 2 former East Cleveland Police officers indicted: What we know
- ‘Career offender’ in Elyria sentenced to 21.5 years in prison on multiple charges
- 1 shot in Cuyahoga Falls after shooting on Hardman Drive
- 2 deputies killed in line of duty during 'ambush' while serving warrant in Georgia
- Cleveland police confirm death of 16-year-old boy shot in the head near Rhodes High School
- Police: Official's DNA found at slain reporter's crime scene