Breaking News
More () »

Several Akron middle school students sick after eating CBD gummies at school

The incident happened Tuesday at Litchfield Community Learning Center (CLC) middle school.

AKRON, Ohio — At least eight students from Akron Public Schools are sick after eating cannabis gummies while at school. 

The incident happened on Tuesday at Litchfield Community Learning Center (CLC) middle school in Akron. 

EMS transported one of the eight students involved to a local hospital. 

The remainder of the students involved were all released to their parents or guardians following Tuesday's incident with the CBD gummies. 

All of the students involved experienced "varying degrees of nausea and lethargy following the incident," according to an official from Akron Public Schools. 

No other details or information has been released at this time. It is unknown how the students got ahold of the cannabis gummies. 

Stay with 3News as we learn more details on this developing story. 

SUBSCRIBE: Get the day's top headlines sent to your inbox each weekday morning with the free 3News to GO! newsletter


Want to be among the first to know the most important local and national news? You can download the free WKYC app and get updates right on your phone: Android, Apple.

Before You Leave, Check This Out