AKRON, Ohio — In what will mark one of the most highly anticipated games on their 2022 schedule, the Cleveland Browns will host the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sept. 22 in a matchup featured on Thursday Night Football.
Those in the Akron area will have the opportunity to take part in a unique viewing experience for the primetime game, with the Akron RubberDucks set to host a watch party at Canal Park.
Tickets to the event will cost $10, with proceeds benefiting the Summa Health Foundation. Concessions will also be available during the watch party, with gates set to open at 7 p.m. ahead of the 8:15 p.m. ET kickoff.
“We are excited to bring a new and unique way for fans to take in one of the biggest rivalries in football, RubberDucks General Manager and COO Jim Pfander said in a statement. “We want to thank the NFL and the Browns for allowing us to give fans the ability to watch the game on the Canal Park big screen. We can’t wait to turn the ballpark into a second Dawg Pound for Thursday Night Football.”
Those in attendance at the event will be able to watch the game from anywhere in the seating bowl or in the outfield grass. Tickets are available for purchase by calling 855-97-QUACK or by visiting akronrubberducks.com.
More Browns coverage from WKYC:
- Report: Resolution on NFL's appeal of Browns QB Deshaun Watson's suspension could come Thursday
- Cleveland Browns announce 'Barking Backers,' a brand new club for fans' dogs
- Mixed feelings among Cleveland Browns fans as the last public training camp practice comes to a close
- JIMMY'S TAKE: Jim Donovan says Cleveland Browns' offense, WR Anthony Schwartz 'finally' had a good practice
- Rise in high school athletes mixed with shortage of equipment leads to problems at Northeast Ohio schools
- Cleveland Browns starting center Nick Harris done for season, placed on IR