AKRON, Ohio — Editor's note: Video at the top of this story was originally published in an unrelated article.
A 20-year-old man is dead after authorities say he was found in a gunshot wound in a vehicle on Sunday evening.
The Summit County Medical Examiner’s Office says it was around 6:35 p.m. when officers responded to the 2300 block of 11th Street SW amid reports of a shooting. When police arrived at the scene, they reported finding a vehicle that had crashed into a tree. The man in the driver’s seat was also found with a gunshot wound.
The victim, who has been identified as Gage Zirke, was pronounced dead at the scene at 7 p.m. His cause of death was a gunshot wound to the torso.
The Summit County Medical Examiner’s Office and the Akron Police Department are both investigating the incident. No additional information was immediately available, but we will update this story once more details are released.
- 2 men arrested in connection with body found burning in Ohio city
- Akron man found guilty of murder, faces possible life sentence
- Akron: Three dead, one injured in two separate weekend shootings
- 'I stand by my officers': Columbus police chief addresses viral video of arrest, officer assault
- Hit-and-run suspect arrested: Woman walking dog dies after struck by vehicle in Ashland County, child also hurt
- US launches gun trafficking strike forces in 5 cities
- Ohio Supreme Court overturns death penalty conviction of George Brinkman for murder of North Royalton women
- East Cleveland police chief apologizes to the community following the arrest of 2 officers who allegedly stole $5,000 from a citizen
- Bomb City, U.S.A: 'The Heist'