AKRON, Ohio — Amazon is looking to fill more than 1,500 full-time jobs as the company plans to launch its new 640,000 square foot fulfillment center in Akron.
Starting pay is $15 per hour with benefits provided on day one. You can apply online HERE.
"Job candidates must be 18 years or older and have a high school diploma or equivalent to be considered," company officials said in a press release. "Jobs are available on a rolling basis and fill up quickly."
The new fulfillment center is located at the former home of Rolling Acres Mall.
"At this facility, employees will play integral roles within Amazon’s customer fulfillment operations – everything from receiving inventory, picking and shipping customer orders, and supporting network logistics."
Amazon said they now have more than 23,500 jobs throughout the state of Ohio, including workers at eight fulfillment and sorting centers, six delivery stations, and one air hub.
Earlier this week, Amazon also announced plans to hire another 100,000 workers throughout the United States and Canada in an effort to manage the surge of online orders.
- RELATED: Walmart raising pay for 165,000 hourly workers, adding new store roles
- RELATED: Amazon to hire another 100,000 to keep up with online shopping surge
- RELATED: Forbes 400: Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates remain richest in America
- RELATED: 70,000 JC Penney jobs may be saved as mall ownership group steps up
- RELATED: ALDI reveals expanded Advent calendar lineup for 2020 with wine, beer, hard seltzer and more