AKRON, Ohio — Akron fire officials and HAZMAT crews were called to the scene of a chemical release at a business in the 1200 block of Home Avenue early Thursday morning.
The situation started around 6:47 a.m. when fire officials first responded to the scene.
“The primary business was evacuated as well as immediate surrounding businesses,” Akron Fire Public Information Officer Lt. Timothy Morrison said in a press release.
Traffic was diverted from Home Avenue as a result.
We’re told the HAZMAT team was “mitigating the situation.”
There were no reports of any injuries.
Authorities did not provide any additional details at this time, but we will update this story if any new information is released.
- HAZMAT situation in Canton Township: Several people taken to hospital after hydrogen sulfide released
- 19 train cars involved in Stark County derailment after crash with Mack truck
- Body camera video released after fight at Euclid High School leads to multiple arrests, seizure of loaded guns
- 50 firefighters battle fire at auto parts store in Cleveland with partial building collapse
- President Biden says tentative railway labor agreement reached
Editor's note: Video in the player above was originally published in an unrelated story on Sept. 15, 2022.
SUBSCRIBE: Get the day's top headlines sent to your inbox each weekday morning with the free 3News to GO! newsletter