AKRON, Ohio — Firefighters in Akron battled a hazardous materials fire on Monday evening.
The fire took place at Akron Coating and Adhesive Inc. on Stanton Road.
According to the Akron Fire Department, a call came with a report of possible explosions with heavy black smoke at around 8:40 p.m. Shortly after 9:00 p.m., the situation was upgraded to a 2nd alarm fire.
Crews attempted to keep the area clear as they battled the flames during the evening. A perimeter was set up and authorities also evacuated two or three nearby homes.
Firefighters remained at the scene throughout the overnight hours and into the day on Tuesday. The cause of the blaze is still under investigation.
There were no injuries reported. One employee was inside the building when the fire began, but was able to get out uninjured.
The Akron Fire Department reports that one of its trucks was involved in an accident on the way to the fire with another car. No injuries from that incident were reported.
- Man dies in Ashtabula County garage explosion
- Bomb squad removes old military sampling device from Chagrin River in Willoughby
- 2 major Cleveland fires take out health clinic, houses in less than 24 hours
- WATCH | Officer rescues woman trapped in basement as fire rips through Ravenna home: See body camera footage
- Crews battle massive fire at NEON's Hough Health Center in Cleveland
- Chagrin Falls community rallying around Fire Marshal Jim Finley, Purple Heart recipient recently diagnosed with Leukemia
- Tamir Rice's mother asks the Ohio Supreme Court to not let former officer Timothy Loehmann be reinstated
- Mistrial declared in triple murder trial of Olympian Simone Biles' brother in Cleveland
- 3News Investigates: Former Browns QB Bernie Kosar offers his home to imprisoned mobster seeking early release
- Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine: 2.76 million people have registered for Vax-A-Million lottery
Editor's Note: The below video is from a previously published story