AKRON, Ohio — A 21-year-old man is dead following a shooting in Akron.
The victim was found inside a vehicle with multiple gunshot wounds when officers responded to the area of 28th Street and Tampa Avenue around 6 p.m. Thursday, according to the Summit County Medical Examiner’s Office.
Authorities say the shooting happened “following an argument.” Bystanders called 911 to report the incident.
The man, identified as Tyrae Carter, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Carter's autopsy was completed by the Summit County Medical Examiner, with the cause of death ruled as gunshot wounds to head and torso. The manner of death is homicide.
- Missing Cuyahoga Falls woman found safe, kidnapped by suspect who allegedly killed her mother
- Police asking for public's assistance in finding suspect who robbed, injured elderly woman in Lorain
- 70-year-old man dies after struck by vehicle while crossing Akron street in hit-and-run incident: Driver wanted
- Two former Cuyahoga County Jail correction officers sentenced in corruption cases
- 7 Northeast Ohio counties reach Level 4 'purple' COVID-19 risk level; Cuyahoga County on watch list
- Richland County sheriff's deputy shot, suspect killed in Mansfield gunfire exchange