AKRON, Ohio — Editor's note: Video at the top of this story was originally published on Jan. 4, 2021.
A 37-year-old man is dead following an afternoon shooting in Akron.
The Summit County Medical Examiner’s Office says officers responded to the 1000 block of Vernon Odom Boulevard around 2:30 p.m. Wednesday after receiving a call for shots fired.
“Once officers arrived at the scene they discovered the victim lying in a driveway with multiple gunshot wounds,” according to a press release from the Summit County Medical Examiner’s Office.
The man was later pronounced dead at the scene as of 3:12 p.m. His name has not yet been released. The Akron Police Department is assisting with the investigation.
No additional details were immediately available, but we will update this story once more information is released.
- Akron Police seize guns, drugs, and cash in two separate raids
- Flames rip through large, vacant structure known as 'Uncle Vic Building' in downtown Elyria
- Beachwood police officer fired after July 2019 shooting of a suspected shoplifter at Beachwood Place
- 16-year-old girl dies, boy hospitalized after falling through ice; Ohio Department of Natural Resources officer dies during search
- East Cleveland police chase ends in multi-car crash that injures 5; 2 suspects arrested
- Wayne Doyle denied parole for the 1987 beating death of a 7-year-old boy
- Unemployment fraud in Ohio: 3 things you need to do if somebody has stolen your information