It was around 10:10 p.m. Monday when Akron police officers responded to the scene in the 1000 block of Greenwood Avenue, according to the Summit County Medical Examiner’s Office.
Upon their arrival, officers found the victim in a garage with a gunshot wound. He was pronounced dead a the scene at 10:23 p.m.
"Based on preliminary information developed at the scene, it appeared the victim was shot by an unknown suspect after exiting his vehicle," according to the Akron Police Department.
The victim’s name is currently unknown, but will be released once positive identification is made.
No arrests have been made as detectives work to identify the suspect(s) involved. Anybody with information is asked to call the Akron Police Department Detective Bureau at 330-375-2490. Tipsters can remain anonymous.
Both the Summit County Medical Examiner’s Office and the Akron Police Department are investigating the incident.
No additional details were immediately available. Stay with 3News as we will update this story as more details are released.
- Deadly Canton shooting: Man found with multiple gunshot wounds
- Reward being offered for arrest of 18-eyar-old wanted for aggravated murder
- Cleveland man sentenced to 25 to 29 years for 18 armed robberies over the period of a month
- Northern Ohio Violent Fugitive Task Force arrests three men wanted for violent offenses
- Elyria police: Officer shoots armed man during encounter after 'disturbance' report
- Mentor Police testing new license plate reader system to help officers fight and solve crimes
- 'Whoever shot and killed my son today, you all need to come forward': 13-year-old boy fatally shot inside Cleveland Heights home
Editor's note: Video in the player above was originally published in an unrelated article on Aug. 10, 2021.