AKRON, Ohio — It's a sight to behold.
More than 1 million Christmas lights illuminate Akron's own Stan Hywet Hall & Gardens.
WKYC's Jasmine Monroe was given a tour of the holiday tradition, which includes an outdoor light show that's choreographed to three songs.
Here are some "Deck the Hall" highlights as listed by Stan Hywet:
- Nightly tree lighting at 5:30 p.m. with Santa. Santa remains in the Courtyard for photos until 8pm. After Christmas, look for the Gingerbread Man.
- Live music in the Manor House, courtesy of local choirs and musicians.
- Self-guided tours of the Manor House included in ticket purchase.
- Freshly baked gingerbread cookies, savory warm pretzels, cocoa, hot cider, beer and wine for purchase in the Courtyard.
- Enjoy all of the above treats at the cozy warming fire in the Courtyard.