AKRON, Ohio — As always in Northeast Ohio, winter brings a slew of road closures and adjusted traffic patterns.
Today, the Ohio Department of Transportation is sharing a list of expected shutdowns in Akron that begin Wednesday, January 12, and are expected to continue through late fall. Additionally, more closures will go into effect on Thursday, January 13.
New traffic patterns to be aware of as of Wednesday, January 12:
- Interstate 76/77 Akron Beltway reconstruction, Akron – reconstruction of I-76/I-77 between Princeton Ave. to V. Odom Blvd., I-77 between Cole Ave. and Waterloo Rd., and at State Route 8/I-76/I-77 Central Interchange.
- All ramps to SR 59/Akron Innerbelt westbound from Rand Ave./Rhodes Ave. will be closed. The detour will SR 261/V. Odom Blvd. to I-77.
- The ramp from SR 59 to I-76 westbound. The detour will be SR 261/V. Odom Blvd. to I-77.
New traffic patterns to be aware of as of Thursday, January 13:
- The ramp from I-76 westbound to East Ave. will be closed. The detour will be I-76west/I-77 north to V. Odom Blvd. to East Ave.
- Traffic on I-76 west/I-77 north between Princeton St. and the Kenmore Leg will be split into two separate lanes. One lane will remain on I-76 west/I-77 north while the other lane will be crossed over onto I-76 east/I-77 south. Traffic wishing to exit at Dart Ave. or I-76/Kenmore Leg will need to remain in the right lane.
- The ramp from Main St. to I-76 westbound will be closed. The detour will be Main St. to I-277 west to I-76/Kenmore Leg (through Jan. 14)
- The ramp from I-76 westbound to Dart Ave./SR 59 will be closed. The detour will be I-76 west to V. Odom Blvd. to I-76 east to Lakeshore Blvd (through Jan. 14)
- The ramp from I-76 west to I-76/Kenmore Leg will be closed. The detour will be I-76 west to V. Odom Blvd. to I-77 south to I-76/Kenmore Leg (through Jan. 14)
For more information on upcoming road closures and traffic pattern changes, click here.
MORE MAJOR HEADLINES FROM AROUND NORTHEAST OHIO: