AKRON, Ohio — Human remains were discovered after a vacant house in Akron was torn down on Thursday afternoon.
According to the Akron Police Department, a vacant residence on the demolition list in the 700 block of Dayton Street was torn down around 1 p.m. The residence had been vacant for approximately two years.
Just before 9 a.m. on Friday, the Akron Police Department was informed that decomposed human remains were found among the debris from the dwelling that had been taken to a landfill in New Franklin. The remains have not yet been identified and the Summit County Medical Examiner’s Office will assist with the investigation.
Anybody with information regarding this incident is encouraged to call the Akron Police Department Detective Bureau at 330-375-2490 or 330-375-2Tip. Anonymous information can also be provided by calling the Summit County Crimestoppers at 330-434-COPS or by texting TIPSCO with your tips at 274637.
More Akron coverage from WKYC:
- 2 men sentenced to life in prison for Akron murder
- American Medical Response to close Akron facility; 50 employees to be laid off
- Akron Police investigating sudden death of 6-year-old boy
- RTA to expand coverage between Cuyahoga and Summit counties
- Driver in University Heights fatal crash charged with 2 counts of aggravated vehicular homicide
- CAPTURED | Escaped inmate Jason Lyle Conrad caught in Akron
- Former FirstEnergy execs say 'no doubt' the feds are after them amid ongoing corruption probe
- Body camera video shows aftermath of Norton road rage shooting that killed Akron man
- 27-year-old man shot, killed in Akron after alleged altercation
- 'Justice for Jayland Walker' march, press conference held in Akron
- Humane Society of Summit County waiving adoption fees based on LeBron James' playoff performance
- Akron to install 21 speed tables as part of traffic calming program: See where the tables will be located
- 'A giant in Akron and Summit County': Former Akron mayor, longtime US Rep. Tom Sawyer dies at 77
- 47-year-old man charged after allegedly shooting man and accidentally shooting himself in Akron