AKRON, Ohio — One man is dead following a house fire on Akron's southwest side early Thanksgiving morning.
Firefighters were called to the 1200 block of Sevilla Avenue just after 3 a.m., where they found a two-story home ablaze. The flames apparently extended all the way to the attic.
The victim was pulled from the home and rushed to a local hospital, but he later died there from his injuries. His name has not yet been released.
Officials are still investigating the cause of the fire, but further details are unavailable at this time. Please stay with 3News for updates as they become available.
- 8-year-old boy dies in Akron house fire; 3 other occupants plus firefighter hospitalized
- 'Severe' hoarding conditions contributed to Elyria fire that killed 1, fire chief says
- OSHP trooper injured after being struck from behind in Ashland County; officials say driver had 3 times the legal alcohol limit in his system
- Man sentenced 25 years to life in prison for assaulting man, setting him on fire in Ohio
- Authorities identify victim in fatal Avon Lake crash
- List: Where you can get a free Thanksgiving meal in Northeast Ohio
- Performers gear up for the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Northeast Ohio students prepare to jump through Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Long lines build at Cleveland Hopkins Airport with Thanksgiving travelers
- Thanksgiving 2021: Which stores will be open, closed
- Thanksgiving weekend shopping trends: How the internet and supply chain are shaking things up