AKRON, Ohio — The temporary closure of Route 8 South near the Central Interchange in Akron has been lifted and the roadway reopened around 8 a.m. Tuesday.
Route 8 South had been closed due to a crash with drivers experiencing stop-and-go traffic as of 7:25 a.m.
Traffic conditions have eased in the area as well.
Want more traffic updates? Be sure to follow 3News' Danielle Wiggins on Twitter HERE for more up-to-the-minute traffic information to make your morning commute a bit easier.
- Gas prices falling in Northeast Ohio: Down 14 cents in Akron, 10 cents in Cleveland
- Honda, LG to build $4.4 billion electric vehicle battery plant in U.S.
- Big changes underway along Ohio Turnpike: What you can expect amid removal of gates at toll plazas, lane conversions
- US Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg visits Sandusky to highlight construction plans to improve US 6 near Cedar Point
- ODOT: Major repairs and improvements coming to the Interstate 76/Kenmore leg in Akron
- A look at Northeast Ohio's future in electric vehicles
Editor's note: Video in the player above was originally published in an unrelated story on Aug. 29, 2022.