AKRON, Ohio — Today, thousands will gather in Summit County for the 2021 Akron Pride Festival.
The day kicks off at 11 a.m. at Lock 3, and goes until 10 p.m.
"The mission of Akron Pride is to unify and affirm the LGBTQ community and allies in celebrating our diversity and recognizing our likeness. We will promote acceptance of all individuals by defending human equity," the description of the event reads on Facebook.
More than 20 national and local artists will perform at various points around Lock 3, 4 and surrounding areas. Of note, Jiggly Caliente of RuPaul's Drag Race will perform.
Before the festival, the Akron Equity March begins at 10 a.m. in downtown Akron.
For more information on Akron Pride Festival, click HERE.
MORE RELATED HEADLINES:
- RELATED: How coming out gets better: You Are Not Alone
- RELATED: Teach your children well: Instilling acceptance and love, not hate, at an early age
- RELATED: A Turning Point: Panel discusses the LGBTQ+ Community and the School of One
- RELATED: 'That's what bisexual means': Oregon governor tweets at Tucker Carlson after he calls her sexuality 'confusing'
- RELATED: JoJo Siwa to compete in first same-sex pairing on 'Dancing With The Stars'
- RELATED: Black transgender woman killed in Cleveland becomes 33rd transgender death in 2021
- RELATED: Girl, 13, sues Florida over transgender school athletes ban
- RELATED: Pete Buttigieg and husband Chasten announce they have become parents
Editor's note: The video in the player above is from a story published in June of 2021.