Authorities say Canton officers were dispatched to the 1200 block of 2nd Street SE in reference to a shooting. Upon their arrival, officers found the victim laying in tall grass in a vacant lot.
“The victim was unresponsive and had an apparent gunshot wound to the back,” Canton police said in a press release.
The man, who has been identified as Brenten Biggums of Canton, was pronounced dead at the scene by the Stark County Coroner’s Office.
The investigation is ongoing at this time. Anybody with information is asked to contact the Canton Police Detective Bureau at 330-489-3144. Tips can also be sent through Tip411 or the Stark County Crimestoppers. All tipsters can remain anonymous.
No additional details were immediately available, but stay with 3News as we will update this story if any additional information is released.
- 3 children, 2 adults die in Akron fire
- Reward offered to help find missing Doylestown retired police K9
- Former North Olmsted funeral home owner sentenced to 18 months in theft case
- Pedestrian killed after struck by vehicle on Route 18 in Medina County
- Troopers seize gun, $88,200 worth of meth during traffic stop in Ohio
- Neighbor rescues resident from collapsed home in Akron; officials investigating
Editor's note: Video in the player above was originally published in an unrelated story on Sept. 6, 2021.