It happened shortly before 6 p.m. Tuesday on 12th Street NW at Louisiana Avenue.
“The victim was attempting to cross 12th street when she was struck by what investigators believe to be a dark-colored Ford Explorer, possibly a 2001 to 2004 model,” authorities said Friday morning in a press release.
After police initially said the woman had died from her injuries, they have since corrected that information to say the woman is in "very critical condition."
Police have released images of the vehicle in hopes somebody may have some information. Police say it will likely have damage to the front passenger-side headlight lens.
Anybody with information is asked to contact authorities at 330-649-5800. Tipsters can remain anonymous.
No additional details were immediately available.
- Man taken to hospital after being tased by Akron police
- Woman shot in Canton Township: Authorities ask for public's help in the case
- Man dies in Akron shooting on South Arlington Street
- Chaos at the Capitol: A child psychologist on how to talk with your kids about Wednesday's events
- 3News Investigates: Cleveland, Akron murder rates are the highest in recent history
- Lorain native Samuel Little, America’s most prolific serial killer, dies at age 80