CANTON, Ohio — A 31-year-old man is dead following an early morning shooting in Canton.
Police say officers were dispatched to the 1400 block of Scoville Avenue SW shortly before 2 a.m. Friday in response to a shooting.
Upon their arrival, they found the victim unresponsive inside a residence with multiple gunshot wounds.
The Stark County Coroner's Office pronounced the victim dead at the scene, police said. The victim's name has not yet been released.
The investigation is ongoing, and anybody with information is asked to call the Canton Police Detective Bureau at 330-489-3144. Tips can also be sent through Tip411 or the Stark County Crimestoppers. Tipsters can remain anonymous.
No additional information was immediately available, but stay with 3News as we will update this story once more details are released.
- Man dies in Canton shooting, victim found in vacant lot
- Neighbor rescues resident from collapsed home in Akron; officials investigating
- As crime rises in Cleveland, what can be done to stop the violence?
- Richmond Heights Police Department taking different approach to K9 officers
- Ohio man sentenced to 20 years in prison after pleading guilty to plotting an attack on a Toledo-area synagogue
- Ohio mother gets life sentence for killing 6-year-old son
- Former North Olmsted funeral home owner sentenced to 18 months in theft case
- Pedestrian killed after struck by vehicle on Route 18 in Medina County
- Canton's history-making fire chief reveals big plans for the city: Game Changers