CANTON, Ohio — A 29-year-old Canton man has died following a shooting Sunday evening.
The Canton Police Department says officers responded to the 1000 block of 13th Street NW at 7:54 p.m. in reference to a deadly shooting.
Upon arrival, officers found the victim next to a vehicle in the driveway. He was unresponsive and “had apparent multiple gunshot wounds to the face, neck and torso,” police said.
The victim, who has been identified as Aaron Lucas, was taken to Mercy Hospital by the Canton Fire Department where he later died.
An arrest warrant was made out for 37-year-old Nichalous Dimitri Harvey on the charge of murder. Officials with the Canton Police Department report that Harvey turned himself in on Tuesday and was apprehended without incident.
The investigation is continuing. If you have any information, please contact the Canton Police Department Detective Bureau at 330-489-3144. Tips can also be submitted through Tip411 or the Stark County Crimestoppers. All tipsters can remain anonymous.
- Man charged with murder in fatal shooting of Columbus city employee held on $1 million bond; 2nd suspect at large
- Elyria police: Officer shoots armed man during encounter after 'disturbance' report
- Overnight Cleveland shooting leaves 3 teens hurt
- Sheriff: Lake County inmate assaults corrections officer, breaking his collarbone
- Ohio attorney general rejects proposal to legalize recreational marijuana
- Mentor Police testing new license plate reader system to help officers fight and solve crimes
Editor's note: Video in the player above was originally published in an unrelated story on July 8, 2021.