CANTON, Ohio — Update: Authorities say 18-year-old Daniel Horvath has been found safe. The missing adult alert that was issued during the weekend has been canceled.
Original story below:
The Stark County Sheriff's Office has issued an Endangered missing adult alert for an 18-year-old Canton man.
Daniel Horvath has been missing since 3 p.m. Saturday, having last been seen on 13th Street Northeast. Authorities say Horvath has autism that gives him "very limited mental capabilities," causing them to be concerned for his safety.
Horvath is described as a 5-foot-7 white male weighing 115 pounds with brown hair and brown eyes. Officials did not have information as to where he might have gone.
Anyone with information regarding Daniel's whereabouts is asked to immediately call 911.
More local headlines:
- Solon City Schools now requiring masks for students, staff in all grades
- Man dies, 4 others taken to hospital after pickup strikes Ohio highway patrol cruiser and another car
- Patterson Fruit Farm temporarily closes apple picking due to shortage
- 2 Lorain auxiliary police officers shot; authorities searching for suspect
- Police: EMS captain stabbed in Cleveland
- What's behind all of the dead fish along Lake Erie?
- Superintendent: Pepper spray used to disperse crowds after a fight during Euclid High School football game
- Companies: $26B settlement of opioid lawsuits to move ahead
- Mother of Columbus teen killed at bus stop calls for suspect to stay locked up
- Great Lakes Science Center rolls out aeronautical experiments for Cleveland Air Show
- 15 things to do for Labor Day weekend in Northeast Ohio: Cleveland Air Show, Akron Pizza Fest and more