CANTON, Ohio — Editor's note: the video in the player above is from a previous story.
A fatal crash in Canton over the weekend took the life of one motorcyclist, the Canton Police Department said.
On Friday, May 20, at approximately 11:02 p.m., the Canton Police Department responded to the report of an accident involving a car and a motorcycle at the 1600 block of Cleveland Ave NW. The motorcycle was traveling northbound in the southbound lane and was struck by a 2007 Toyota Corolla that was headed southbound in the southbound lane.
The person operating the motorcycle, Rico Marshall, 36, was not wearing a helmet and was ejected from the vehicle. The drivers of both vehicles were taken to local hospitals. Marshall was pronounced dead on Saturday, May 21. The driver of the Toyota Corolla was treated and released from the hospital.
The incident is still under investigation and it is unknown if drugs or alcohol were involved in the incident.
More Canton coverage from WKYC:
- 3 arrested in Stark County murder case; 1 hostage freed, 1 suspect wanted
- Storms mostly gone from Northeast Ohio, but damage and flood concerns remain
- A look at what's next for Canton's Hall of Fame Village amid dispute with Johnson Controls
- Johnson Controls seeks to end partnership with Canton's Pro Football Hall of Fame Village
- OSHP: Motorcycle driver seriously injured after colliding with car in Stark County
- Severe thunderstorm warning in effect for multiple Northeast Ohio counties
- Canton shooting leaves 1 dead, another injured
- US House races in Northeast Ohio: Pair of Trump-backed candidates prevail as new district map takes shape
- UPDATE: 19-year-old arrested in connection with a fatal shooting in Canton Monday afternoon
- Wayne County: Fatal accident involving motorcycle under investigation
- Chicago Bears select Canton native Dominique Robinson in 5th round of NFL draft
- 2 teen boys arrested in Canton murder: What police are saying
- Canton man pleads guilty in death of 18-month-old son, will serve more than a decade in prison
- Canton teen arrested in weekend shooting: What police are saying