CANTON, Ohio — Canton police are searching for the driver of a semi-truck that struck and killed a pedestrian early Friday morning.
Authorities were called to the intersection of 32nd Street Northeast and Kuemerle Avenue Northeast for a report of an accident in which a pedestrian was fatally hit by a truck around 1:09 a.m. The victim's identity has not yet been released.
The Canton Metro Crash Team responded and is investigating. No additional details about the vehicle involved are known at this time.
Police are asking anyone with information to immediately call them at (330) 438-4485. Anonymous tips can also be sent through Tips411. Anyone interested in signing up for Tip411 can do so at cantonohio.gov/police.
- Honoring the legacy of Stephanie Tubbs Jones: Health Center in her name continues to expand access to all
- Avon to face Berea-Midpark in tonight's WKYC.com High School Football Game of the Week
- Former Cleveland Councilman Ken Johnson sentenced to 6 years in prison for 15 corruption-related charges; ordered to pay $700,000 in restitution
- 2021 Cleveland Art Experience kicks off Friday
- Ohio State students, parents question whether homecoming could bring more crime
- East Cleveland Police searching for missing 15-year-old girl
- Poll: Vast majority in US say misinformation spread is a problem. Less than half are concerned they've done it.
- Cleveland Clinic, University Hospitals now requiring vaccine for transplant recipients, donors
- Rock and Roll Hall of Fame kicks off Induction week with 'Celebration Day' on Oct. 24