Breaking News
More () »

Carbon monoxide leak at Cuyahoga Falls hotel sends 4 to the hospital

Captain Rychlik with CFFD said that firefighters found "significant carbon monoxide in the building" upon arrival.
Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto

CUYAHOGA FALLS, Ohio — A carbon monoxide leak at the Sheraton Suites in Cuyahoga Falls has put four people in the hospital today, according to officials. 

Captain Luke Rychlik from the Cuyahoga Falls Fire Department confirmed to 3News that four adults were transported to two different hospitals early on Sunday after reports of illnesses at the hotel in the Akron area around 10 a.m.

Captain Rychlik says that firefighters found "significant carbon monoxide in the building" upon arrival.

RELATED: Ohio's first Black-owned breast cancer center opens in Akron's Kenmore neighborhood

The building was evacuated by Cuyahoga Falls Fire Department and officials were able to isolate the issue and shut it down. 

The hotel tells 3News that it is now making the proper repairs following the issue. 

RELATED: Station Hope, a celebration of freedom and local history, returns for its 8th year

Editor's note: The video in the player below is from a story published on Jan. 20, 2020.


RELATED: 2 children killed in Columbus RV fire

RELATED: Police investigating after man fatally shot on Cleveland's east side

RELATED: Bedford high school student dies after allegedly being shot by classmate

RELATED: 4 children, 8 total injured in accident involving EMS vehicle on Cleveland's east side

RELATED: Federal judge rules Columbus police cannot use pepper spray, tear gas on nonviolent protesters

RELATED: Cleveland city councilwoman Phyllis Cleveland resigning due to health issues

RELATED: 14-year-old girl facing charges after bringing gun to school in Lorain County

RELATED: Lorain Police investigating fatal shooting of 36-year-old man

Before You Leave, Check This Out