PORTAGE LAKES, Ohio — *Editor's Note: The video in the player above is from a previous report.
A child was recused from the waters at Portage Lake State Park Saturday afternoon.
According to reports, the New Franklin Fire Department responded to a report that a child had gone missing in the water just after 12:30 p.m.
The victim was located by divers near the beach area and transported to Summa Barberton Citizens Hospital. The child's condition remains unknown at this time.
The South Summit Water Rescue Team also responded to assist to the rescue. New Franklin Fire was assisted by Coventry Fire, Clinton Fire, Green Fire, and Lakemore Fire. Additional assistance was provide by Ohio Department of Natural Resources Officers, the New Franklin Police Department and the Summit County Sheriff’s Office.
Officials with the Ohio Department of Natural Resources remain at the scene conducting further investigation. Portage Lakes State Park is located at 5031 Manchester Rd.
This is a developing story. Stay with 3News for updates as they become available.
*Editor's Note: The video in the player above is from a previous report.
- RELATED: One of two suspects wanted in fatal shooting of 13-year-old boy in Cleveland Heights arrested
- RELATED: Deadly 7.2 magnitude earthquake hits off the coast of Haiti
- RELATED: Thousands still without power in Northeast Ohio following storms
- RELATED: Cuyahoga County public library to host grand opening of new Richmond Heights branch
- RELATED: FDA authorizes COVID-19 booster shots for people with weakened immune systems, not the general population
- RELATED: Save the West Side Market: 'Cleveland Vibes' sells t-shirt to benefit market